The Learning Collaborative will build upon themes and discussions from COP26 on the issue of climate-induced land relinquishment and relocation.
Topics may include:
- The impact of sea-level rise and drought on land use and agricultural production
- Re-creation of critical infrastructures, including physical, social and cyber
- Managing emigree and host community needs and expectations, mitigating potential resource conflicts
- Sustainable financing of community transference*
- Integrating Indigenous and non-Indigenous knowledge to advance climate solutions*
- Relationships and collaboration to advance actionable knowledge for decision-making*
- The role of financial markets, including banking and insurance sectors in influencing risk reduction, asset protection and more
- Effects of relocation, integration and acculturation on health
- Systemic institutional change from local to global scales*
Learn more about managed retreat.